Job title: Transit IS Business Analyst
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Transit IS Business Analyst to support us in Orange County, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- The Transit IS Business Analyst Under general guidance, works with Information Systems team leadership to identify transit application software and hardware needs, processes, and solutions to ensure 24 x 7 x 365 continuous operations activities to deliver appropriate business and Information Systems solutions to our transit operations customers. Leads Transit Operations as a team member responsible for ensuring operational functionality of business systems and a positive customer and vendor relationship. Leads Team that actively participates in the identification and analysis of problems, investigation of solutions, and new approaches and techniques for implementation for continuous transit-related operations, applications, hardware, systems, and processes. Comes from a technical background and can lead in identifying data, processes, and systems that require technical support and troubleshooting support in a challenging and continuous operations environment. Continually seeks ways to expand and optimize the application and business processes. Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher management levels.
- Leads team with systems and process analysis and design to meet functional and organizational requirements, individually and as part of the technical and business teams.
- Participates in continuous review to ensure that systems meet changing business and regulatory conditions.
- Business Partnership
- Lead point of contact for one or more business applications.
- Works alongside business users to identify and analyze their needs and define business requirements for new or existing systems.
- Production Maintenance
- Supports a continuous 24 x 7 x 365 production environment; logs and tracks problems; responds to questions and support requests; and ensures the production environment meets service levels established with business units.
- Facilitates meetings with Business Units and technical staff to address issues.
- Performs regular follow-up according to procedures and confirms resolution with the user before closing the problem reports.
- Confirms the impact of user problems is communicated via the various communication channels.
- Implements program/system updates and enhancements per policies and Information Systems standards.
- Leads and coordinates with other technical teams to identify, research, and resolve application system problems, associated interfaces, and underlying infrastructure.
- Maintains documentation of IT procedures, system configuration standards, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Leads team in assuring application’s availability and functionality.
- Works with all levels of staff and management to address concerns and resolve issues.
- Coordinates and communicates status on issues, projects, and other business activities to management and business partners.
- Develops, directs, and performs testing activities to minimize the impact on transit operations teams.
- Microsoft SQL database and use of SQL statements.
- Oracle SQL database and use of SQL statements
- SQL Server Integration Services
- Visual Studio
- Microsoft Access VBA
- Project Management standards and principles.
- Understands Basics of Networking (Switches and Firewalls)
- Understanding of Microsoft Business Objects
- Perform duties with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Effectively interpret and translate business needs and report system trends or issues.
- Develop effective trust relationships with the technical team, data stewards, and business users through excellent interpersonal skills.
- Perform tasks accurately with attention to detail.
- Prioritize tasks/assignments and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Utilize organizational skills and understanding.
- Work independently or in a team environment, and willingness to take direction.
Education and Experience
- Five years of professional Information systems experience in database and data analysis using typical SQL environments. Transit-related software systems experience preferred.
Working Conditions/Physical Activities
- (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.)
- Positions in this class typically require:
- Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon the assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Finger Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.