Job title: Sr Network Engineer
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Sr Network Engineer to support us in Orange County, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Under general guidance, provides technical expertise in network topology development, implementation, and assessment of network technologies. Documents all existing network integration and future network integration efforts. Implements all network updates, patches, and upgrades. Analyzes and resolves network performance issues, oversees all troubleshooting of network devices, and supports the technical staff.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
- Maintaining computer networks, systems, and devices includes software, next-generation firewalls, virtual private networks (VPNs), wide area networks (WANs), local area networks (LANs), virtual local area networks (VLANs), routers, and other physical network-related hardware.
- Effectively works with all seven layers in the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) network model in a network with mixed vendor equipment.
- Oversees comprehensive network patch and upgrade cycle to ensure that all equipment, devices, and software are up to date and patched.
- Develops and implements long-range technical solutions for the best-of-breed network infrastructure to support the business units. Planning includes network sizing, performance monitoring, and cybersecurity solutions.
- Works to fully implement network quality of service (QoS) and VLAN as needed by business units.
- Works with multiple WAN network technologies to support non-traditional networks of devices such as network video recorders, cameras, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), Network-Attached Storage (NAS), and other non-traditional network devices all at remote locations.
- Installs and maintains LAN and WAN hardware infrastructure. Coordinates installations or upgrades with users, building facilities staff, vendors, electricians, and other technical services staff.
- Provides immediate response and/or investigation of system alerts as a senior level troubleshooter in a complex network environment. Able to direct and train others in responding to system alerts.
- Prepares and maintains documentation for network cabling, backup, disaster methodologies and procedures, and connectivity infrastructure. Ensures that documentation is available and up to date.
- Creates and delivers input to User Services management regarding user documentation standards and LAN policies for network operation, security and access, and back-up of contingency plans. Prepares LAN project progress reports and other documentation for review by Information Systems Management Team.
- Interacts with third-party maintenance vendors on network hardware and assists and coordinates all service calls by such vendors.
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technology and protocols including but not limited to Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN), Spanning Tree, Uniform Resource Locator (URL) Filtering, Malware Prevention, Threat Prevention, Domain Name System (DNS), IoT Security, and Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN).
- All Aruba, HP, Palo Alto, and Cisco network devices.
- Network architecture and design elements.
- Windows server and operating system configurations.
- Network Monitoring and response solutions.
- Express technical information in a clear and simple way.
- Work as a team member in a technical project environment. Must be self-motivated and able to think ‘outside the box.’
- Define, research, analyze, and execute solutions and alternatives based on network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity or infrastructure problems in a Local and Wide Area Network environment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with a minimum of five years of hands-on experience with LAN/WAN technology.
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.