PC Deployment Technician (System Administrator)
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time System Administrator to support our major client in San Diego, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Duties and Requirements:
Job title: System Administrator
As a System Administrator on our project, you’ll work as a team member supporting the VA with a large PC deployment tasking. In this role you, will be deploying, imaging and setting up equipment (PCs, Laptops, Docking Stations, Monitors, Printers and Scanners) around the VA medical center campus. This role combines strong technical skills with an emphasis on delivering a high level of customer service. You will be responsible for removing old equipment and installing new equipment with limited supervision.
This position is located onsite at Veterans’ Administration Medical Center (San Diego) with daytime hours, and occasional evening hours (as needed).
- Minimum of 1-year experience in imaging and installing computer equipment
- Must be able to unpack, move, and install IT equipment weighing up to 25 pounds with no restrictions. Will need to frequently traverse around the site campus transporting equipment to various office buildings and frequently stoop, crouch and reach to setup/remove computers/pull cords under desks and in server closets
- Experience with hardware and software support, troubleshooting, system imaging, hardware break-fix support (i.e. laptops, desktops, and printers), refresh, upgrade and deployment projects as well as excellent customer service skills
- Experience with conducting routine system administration tasks and logging data in system admin logs
- Experience with maintaining troubleshooting a wide variety of systems and networks, including high availability systems
- Knowledge of debugging protocols and processes
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with the ServiceNow ticketing system a plus
- Experience with the VA
- Public Trust clearance?
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
If no Bachelor’s, then you must have at least 8 years’ relevant experience
Long-term (multi-year) contract
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.
If you are interested, please send your resume directly to Peter Suh (Account Manager) at email@example.com. We will circle back with you as soon as possible.