Job title: Desktop Support Technician
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for an Desktop Support Technician to support our client in Orange, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, $29/hr W2
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
The primary focus of the role will be to assist fulltime staff with Desktop Support and Help Desk duties.
- Performs Surface and desktop computer upgrades, software installation and configuration
- Performs desktop adds, moves and changes
- Assist staff at Client’s administrative buildings and operating bases, either on-site, via telephone and remote support
- Assists with questions and problems in the use of computer hardware and software
- Enhances company-wide use of desktop computers by providing proactive support on desktop computer tools
- Applies knowledge of preventive maintenance tools and techniques to ensure optimum system performance
- Coordinates visits by third party maintenance vendors to ensure smooth repairs and upgrades to equipment
- Maintains Client’s computer inventory by entering all additions and changes
- Performs first and second level Help Desk responses, including troubleshooting desktop hardware and software issues and researching solutions
- Accurately log status, updates and documents resolutions into Crow Canyon help desk ticket system
- Assist in the installation, testing, documentation, deployment and rollouts of new hardware and software applications
- Works with end users of various experience level with patience and courtesy
- 2-4 years’ experience within a Microsoft networked Windows PC environment
- Experience with Windows 10 operating systems, Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, Teams, OneNote, One Drive for Business), communications and networking theories
- Knowledge of how to install and troubleshoot PC software and applications
- Experience working with Crow Canyon (or similar) ticketing software
- Experience with Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft OneDrive, Microsoft OneNote, SharePoint.
- Equal Opportunity Employer: Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Veterans Preference: Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.