Help Desk Specialist
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Help Desk Specialist to support us in Dallas Fort Worth, TX.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Duties and Requirements:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers The Solution Desk Technician will create, maintain and monitor helpdesk tickets and insure they are properly entered into the Remedy Force ITSM platform.
- They will maintain a high level of technical proficiency in the area of personal computing, and application support through experience, on the job training, and formal IT training They will assist IT team members in research, implementation, configuration, and administration of the organization’s computing system environment
- Respond to technical IT assistance requests from the Remedy ticketing system Walk the customer through the problem-solving process
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel Provide accurate information on IT products or services Follow-up and update customer status and information
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
- Diagnose faults, issues and perform maintenance and/or escalate to ensure appropriate service levels are offered to the customers.
- Facilitate feedback and communications between the ITS team and DFW staff regarding support request status and training as needed
- Minimum of four-year experience in a technical support role and related field customer service experience.
- Experience in and working knowledge of PC hardware and laptop repair, networking, Microsoft Windows 10, remote client connectivity and software installation and removal. Exceptional customer service
- Strong analytical skills; able to assess and solve issues in a high-pressure environment Maintains a good understanding of IT industry trends.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Ability to participate in after hours on-call support
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and other business software applications
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices and other tech products Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues
Associate’s Degree in Computer Networking, Hardware, Software or related field, or equivalent work experience
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.