Field Service Technician
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Field Service Technician to support us in Dallas Fort Worth, TX.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Duties and Requirements:
- Participate in the configuration planning for desktops that will be installed within DFW location’s including imaging requirements, assigned IP addressing documentation, and confirmation of requirements at each position within the DFW campus
- Assist in preparing, testing, and loading of the images for the DFW workstations as decided/defined
- Configure and test workstations in accordance with DFW policy/procedures at the defined locations within the DFW campus
- Install and test additional software required at each position based upon the role/job function being performed at that location
- Install workstations at designated locations and in accordance with specific requirements at each position. Workstation installation may involve the moving of certain equipment from existing stakeholder locations.
- Install, connect, test displays as defined (multi monitor arrays)
- Install tabletop and under-mount accessories at each position include mouse, keyboard, telephone, radio equipment, KVM equipment, cable management, power strips, etc as required
- Unit test and participate in facility wide integrated testing as required. Coordinate with functional managers on all project teams Maintain/update asset and equipment inventory and related technical
- documentation. This will be critical element culminating in “as built”
- 7+ years industry experience in a customer-facing technical field
- such as professional services, engineering, or technical support, with an excellent customer service record
- Broad technical knowledge of windows-based technologies,
- networking, firewalls, and active directory.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- CJIS certifiable (no criminal history) as role is exposed to sensitive information
- Prior experience with airport and/or control room environment preferred
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in an IT related field preferred.
- Two years of corporate help-desk experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Active Directory preferred.
- 2+years of experience in computer and networking hardware setup and installation preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in business user support for hardware and application issues preferred.
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.