Field Service Technician – A
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Field Service Technician – A to support us in Dallas Fort Worth, TX.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Duties and Requirements:
- Provides support to DFWIA agencies related to tactical and secure communications.
- Assists with development of comprehensive plans, policies and objectives, and provides technical advice to integrate technological applications to enhance operational requirements.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts studies and forecasts to establish technology for operational support of the mission. Coordinates and negotiates with his/her manager on projected systems, current and planned capabilities, compatibility, costs and benefits, joint agency efforts, and in other critical areas.
- Assists in the implementation of long-term projects
- Identifies radio communications needs, analyzes technical solutions, conducts physical surveys, implements and validates the final solution used to meet communication requirements. Serves as troubleshooter and trainer to resolve operational and technical problems for radio systems users
- Identifies technical issues with radio communications experienced by users, designs modifications and enhancements to improve the effectiveness of communications systems; provides briefings on proposed modifications or enhancements for implementation.
- Works independently to survey new buildings for proper communications
- Identifies technical failures on radio subscriber and infrastructure equipment. Works independently to address and fix the failures.
- Program, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair the following LMR assets: NEC microwave components, EFJ P-25 radio system
- Build radio code plugs for the mission critical operations.
- Update software and firmware for all radio programming computers.
- Prepare, run, and terminate coax, network, and fiber optic cables if needed.
- Test, tune and align duplexers, repeaters, portable radios and mobile radios.
- Set up, configure, and use complex instrumentation to perform communication tests and maintenance.
- Manage encryption keys using the Key Management Facility (KMF).
- Encrypt radios using Over-the-Air-Rekeying (OTAR) or manually
- Analyze and interpret circuit wiring, logic cable diagrams, complete communication systems schematic diagrams, and network specifications for the purpose of installing, troubleshooting, or maintaining the system or device.
- Perform calculations and manipulate test data in order to improve performance and solve problems.
- Suitable candidate should possess a basic working knowledge of local and wide area networking, subnets, and TCP/IP. The applicant should also have some experience in installing and maintaining modern IP, and P-25 Radio Networks.
- The ability to work in a high security environment and observe all required security procedures.
- The ability to learn new radio and/or computer hardware and software skills quickly through independent study, formal training, and/or on-the-job training.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in land mobile radio subscriber equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in land mobile radio infrastructure equipment; including programming, troubleshooting, repair, and Zetron maintenance.
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.