Job title: Business System Analyst, Senior – FP&A
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a full-time Business System Analyst, Senior – FP&A to support us in Orange County, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
The Business System Analyst, Senior – FP&A under general direction, provides primary information systems support for Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A). Administers and coordinates all aspects of information systems support for Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) including development, implementation, and maintenance of onsite and Software as a Service (SaaS) software applications, internal databases, custom dashboards, and reports. Researches technology options and alternatives; makes recommendations to enhance and streamline processes. Conducts business systems analysis in multiple areas of business environment. Serves as liaison to information systems.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
- Develops and documents business requirements and specifications; determines appropriate technology solutions, develops project plan for development and implementation of solutions, builds objects (forms, reports, dashboards, automation flows, business rules) as needed using tools such as Oracle’s PBCS, MS Access, Qlik Sense, PowerApps or Office 365.
- Develops and maintains SQL Server and Essbase databases, performs data extraction and transformation from Oracle and SQL Server databases into FP&A’s databases, business intelligence applications and Essbase database.
- Develops and maintains software and database optimization processes to safeguard data integrity and cyber-security.
- Performs system management functions such as metadata maintenance, database back-up and optimization scheduled updates from accounting, procurement and HR systems, and user security as needed.
- Ensures that policies supported and enforced by FP&A systems remains in alignment with policies as they change.
- Creates and maintains documentation of systems, standard operating procedures, and user instruction materials.
- Provides technical support to special projects relating to the use of specific applications.
- Develops and maintains knowledge and skill in the use of computerized tools, databases, and communication techniques used in assigned field.
- Provides FP&A with an understanding of technology best practices related to software interfaces, automation of business processes, calculation and storage of data, quality control, reporting and testing.
- Provides insight into emerging technology and changes to existing technology that could impact or improve FP&A’s business processes.
- Manages relationships with software and hardware vendors, in partnership with the information systems department.
- Coordinates and prioritizes on-going development and implementation of database and software features and appropriate software conversions, including the training of employees on new programs.
- Oracle Enterprise Performance Management, MS ACCESS, Qlik Sense, SQL Server, PowerApps and MS Office suite.
- Principles and practices of computer science and information systems, as well as finance.
- Principles of project management, leadership, analysis, and evaluation. Preparation and implementation of project timelines and plans.
- Programming languages such as SQL, VBA, Hyperion SQR Production Reporting Language, Microsoft Power FX, JSON, and Python.
- Methods and techniques of administering and operating financial information systems.
- Principles, practices, methods, and techniques used in the installation, troubleshooting and maintenance of financial systems, networks, and applications
- Respond to requests and inquiries from system users and resolve problems. Assume responsibility for the data integrity and efficient operation of the FP&A.
- Analyze current FP&A practices and identify ways to increase efficiencies and effectiveness of those practices.
- Perform analysis, design, and testing of FP&A programs.
- Adapt to changing technologies and learn functionality of new equipment and systems.
- Plan and organize projects and meet multiple deadlines. Communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Train and mentor staff members on technical software/hardware issues and applications.
- Exercise discretion in the use of confidential information.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
- Analyze complex accounting and/or financial issues.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in information technology, business administration or a related field with a minimum of five years of professional information systems experience.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
- Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
- Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Finger Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
Hybrid work environment, 3 days on site two days remote support, may vary and subject to change.
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.