"REMOTE OPPORTUNITY" Application Performance Monitoring Engineer – SE SR
Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for an Application Performance Monitoring Engineer to support our client (remotely) in the Department of Veterans Affairs. The Application Performance Monitoring Engineer will gather customer application data and diagrams, leverage expertise in recommending baseline monitoring thresholds, recommend performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs, and provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations. Employ expertise in performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool. Use your customer service expertise to help manage tasks and organize large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an enterprise monitoring solution. Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Provide on-the-job training to application POCs and event management. Develop and tweak documentation. This position is open to remote delivery anywhere within the U.S., to include the District of Columbia.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success. Where else can you get medical insurance with no out of pocket cost? Here, with us!!
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
- Gather customer application data and diagrams
- Leverage expertise in recommending baseline monitoring thresholds
- Recommend performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations
- Employ expertise in performance monitoring tool tasks
- Organize large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an enterprise monitoring solution
- Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems
- Provide on-the-job training to application POCs and event management
- Develop and tweak documentation as needed
- 10+ years of experience with integration engineering
- Experience with Splunk ITSI
- 3+ years of experience in at least 1 of the following tools: AppD, Dynatrace, ScienceLogic, Splunk ITSI with installing agents, forwarders, APIs, performance monitoring tool alerts, dashboards, and data trend analysis in a monitoring tool
- 3+ years of experience with ServiceNow ITSM
- Experience with recommending baseline monitoring thresholds and performance monitoring KPIs and SLAs
- Experience with gathering and organizing large amounts of data to use for instrumentation into an Enterprise monitoring solution
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust or Suitability/Fitness determination based on client requirements
- Ability to provide monitoring tool infrastructure recommendations
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or technical equivalent and 10 years professional experience or a total of 20 years in lieu of education
- Experience with the VA
- Experience with Splunk, SolarWinds or ScienceLogic a plus
- Experience with VA VistA
- Experience with the ServiceNow Visual Task Boards
- Experience in Agile and Scrum
- Ability to work with customers and manage schedules
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Public Trust
Paid Medical, dental, vision, insurance
Paid vacations, sick, and holidays (after probation period)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. "All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition."
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.