Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a Programmer Analyst (Associate) to support us in Orange, CA 92868.
- Programmer Analyst (Associate)
- Onsite/Remote/Hybrid: Hybrid (subject to change)
- Orange, CA 92868
- Special Considerations: 9/80 Flex Schedule
- Monday through Friday – day Shift
- Pay rate depends on experience
- Medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Duties and requirements:
Under direct supervision, supports definition and analysis of data needs and system application problems, debugging, and diagnosis. Supports the review of detailed functional specifications for applications and programs. Assists in the maintenance of existing applications.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
- Assists in the completion of application development projects by monitoring completed programming and by ensuring that the completed work meets design specifications.
- Assists in the definition of user environments required for system implementations. Assists in the modification of programs to comply with new user requirements, devises data verification, and identification methods. Coordinates audit controls to maintain system integrity and security.
- Consults with users to determine specific output requirements, including type of printouts, extent of data summarization, and formats. Assists in the analysis and definition of system requirements, testing requirements, and develop implementation plans.
- Prepares detailed instructions for system users to generate desired outputs. Maintains records and related documentation associated with program development, modifications, and testing. Assists in the development of implementation plans and delivers application modification in a cost efficient and timely fashion.
- Supports the analysis of vendor software to verify functionality and efficiency required to meet user specifications. Converts program specifications into detailed programs using required source code language.
- Assists in the analysis of vendor software for functionality and efficiency’s required to meet user specifications. Converts program specifications into detail programs using required source code language.
- Knowledge of:
- System planning for manual and automated application software, systems design and program development, current hardware and software applications.
- Business procedures, such as purchasing, inventory and accounting.
- Personal computers and related hardware and software, LAN/WAN, Windows and terminal emulators.
- Ability to:
- Interface and resolve problems of communication between various departments within the agency.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships; interact effectively with clients, analysts and peers.
Education and Experience
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in quantitative systems, computer science, mathematics, statistics, and business administration or related field. Related experience preferred.
Working conditions/physical activities
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Client provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Positions in this class typically require:
- Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment. ? Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
- Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills