Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a Senior Help Desk Technician to support us in Orange, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success.
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Under general supervision, leads the daily operations and activities of the IS Help Desk. Provides service improvements to the client through workflow analysis, trouble call trending, and the identification of service opportunities.
1. Assists users in troubleshooting by identifying the nature and severity of their problem, attempting to resolve problems over the phone; responds to user questions and problems about agency standard hardware, software, IS procedures, system status, and downtime.
2. Conducts follow-up sessions with users, assisting in the timely resolution of problems reported to the Help Desk. Acts as intermediary between the user and IS technical staff to close open items and to ensure user satisfaction.
3. Provides recommendations for process and procedure development and improvements. Reviews procedures on a predetermined cycle to ensure correctness and to analyze them for continuous process improvements. Ensures daily process control of the IS Help Desk while identifying and implementing continuous improvement opportunities.
4. Provides trend analysis and root cause analysis with the use of Help Desk tools and input by IS staff. Conducts root cause meetings as necessary to provide corrective/preventative action to problems encountered by the IS Help Desk or IS staff.
1. Knowledge of:
- Database concepts used with the current call tracking system and inventory system.
- Technical computer terminology.
- PC computer hardware and software to include, but not limited to, MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, Teams, OneNote and To Do.
2. Ability to:
- Diffuse tense or difficult customer service situations with appropriate use of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Use advanced computer, analytical and personal communication skills to resolve problems that are more difficult.
- Write technical and operational procedures for the Help Desk.
- Education and Experience:
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a high school diploma with technical coursework as well as a minimum of approximately five years increasingly responsible Help Desk experience in a large network environment. Experience with networked PCs and printers, troubleshooting, providing in-depth support for Microsoft Office Suite, and trend analysis. Prior experience in a senior or lead position is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills