Intratek Computer, Inc., an Irvine, California based company, was founded and incorporated in 1989 as a computer service, support, and networking firm to provide state-of-the-art customized information technology solutions for Federal, State and County agencies, as well as leading private commercial accounts. We have comprehensive experience providing IT support services, including hardware and software support, maintenance and repair, programming, professional staffing, networking, web design and development, and helpdesk implementation and management.
Intratek Computer, Inc. is looking for a Senior System Engineer to support us in Orange, CA.
We offer great benefits and everyone has a stake in our success.
- Pay Rate DOE, W2 per hour
- Onsite/Remote/Hybrid: Hybrid (subject to change)
- Special Considerations: 9/80 Flex Schedule
- Paid medical benefits
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays
Under general guidance, provides technical expertise in development and implementation of long-range technology solutions, analyzes, and implements all network upgrades, analyzes, and resolves network performance issues, oversees all troubleshooting of network devices, and supports technical staff.
- Develops and implements long-range technical solutions for the best-of-breed network infrastructure to support the business units. Planning includes network sizing, performance monitoring, and security solutions.
- Develops and implements with project planning and user services management and staff to design the most effective LAN technology with which to improve user productivity and workflow.
- Installs and maintains LAN and WAN hardware infrastructure. Coordinates installations or upgrades with users, building facilities staff, vendors, electricians, and other technical services staff.
- Provide immediate response and/or investigation of system alerts as a senior level troubleshooter in a complex network environment.
- Prepares and maintains documentation for network cabling, backup, disaster methodologies and procedures, and connectivity infrastructure. Ensures that documentation is available and up to date.
- Creates and delivers input to User Services management regarding user documentation standards and LAN policies for network operation, security and access, and back-up of contingency plans. Prepares LAN project progress reports and other documentation for review by IS Management Team.
- Knowledge of:
- Thorough understanding of LAN/WAN technology and protocols including but not limited to BGP, EIGRP, HTTP, FTP, TCP, and Spanning Tree.
- All HP and Cisco network devices.
- Palo Alto next gen firewalls
- Network architecture and design elements
- Network monitoring software
- Ability to:
- Express technical information in a clear and simple way
- Work as a team member in a technical project environment. Must be self- motivated and able to think “outside the box”
- Define, research, analyze, and execute solutions and alternatives based on network infrastructure
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity or infrastructure problems in a local and wide area network environment
Education and Experience:
Any combination of education or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field with a minimum of approximately five years hands- on experience with LAN/WAN technology, three years of which is at the journey level.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Intratek Computer Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. “All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.”
Special preference will be given returning war veterans when hiring new employees in an attempt to recognize their service, sacrifice, and skills.